Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Thoughts on Music Technology #2

I still think that Music Technology is a fun course, and for the same reasons I’ve mentioned earlier. The things that have been easy are setting up the PA system, and getting recordings into CuBase. The only things that I find challenging are getting the right sound in CuBase, and deciding which effects to put on. Sometimes, it’s really easy to do, but other times, it’s not really as easy. You could use one effect for one song, but on another, it might not work out so well. I’ve really enjoyed just the whole course overall. It’s just the sense of knowing you’re behind what happens with the music department at the school, and that you can always learn something from everything you do. If, for example, you set gains too high, and it takes away from the performance, you learn from that, and you’re less likely to do it again. There hasn’t been anything that I haven’t enjoyed in the course. It’s just been the kind of course that you enjoy taking, and where there isn’t really anything that you don’t enjoy. That’s just my opinion, though. If there was one thing I’d like to see in the course, it would be a schedule of who soundchecks the band and sets the gains each day. It seems that sometimes some people do it more than others, and there’s one person who almost never gets a chance. Other than that, I just think that Music Technology is still a course where you get to do really cool things.

No comments:

Post a Comment